About Me

My photo
I'm a Social Anarchist and an avid reader of comics. Twitter handle is @armyofcrime.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random Comic Review: 3: Astonishing X-men 3

So the White Queen finally betrays the X-men and the Hellfire club seen at the end of volume 2 shows up. I like to think I'm a reasonably smart person, but I had to page through it again to understand what happened.

The Hellfire club stomps the X-men and Cyclops rallies them at the last minute to defeat Nova. All the Hellfire members are just psychic projections of Cassandra Nova, who exists just a widdle bit in Emma's mind. So Emma brought Kitty in to the X-men knowing she would defeat her, and betrayed the X-men knowing they would battle through it anyway.

At least that's how I followed it. I guess at the end Nova gets banished. I'm not sure how Cyclops makes thought projections disappear by shooting them? Did they leave the Cassandra larva laying on the floor at the end?

I liked having Kitty rock the White Queen, and I like Whedon's handle on Cyclops, the "boring" X-men who actually has a fair number of issues. Still, the whole thing feels a bit jumbled. I rate it 6 out of 10 imaginary White Queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment