About Me

My photo
I'm a Social Anarchist and an avid reader of comics. Twitter handle is @armyofcrime.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Free Comic Book Day #3

Amazing Spider Man- I actually got a couple laughs out of this. The art is fresh and although I have no idea where Spider-Man's current continuity is supposed to be at I enjoyed it. And it has Shang-Chi! Where has that guy been?

Kung-Fu Panda- Cute story, but I didn't really find it funny.

Richie Rich- Lame, no real adult appeal.

Baltimore- Mignola's art is great as always. Vampires feel a bit played out but seeing the story from a civilian's perspective, instead of the hunter, made it interesting. I would pick this up.

Green Lantern Secret Origins: A reprint of a story I've read before, that wasn't that good the first time. Yawn.

Flashpoint: A crossover starring Barry Allen. Something about a messed up timeline. Presumably the end will involve the restoration of the canon timeline. Double yawn.

The Tick: Who doesn't love the Tick? I should really pick up a trade or two of the Tick.

Captain America and Thor: An all ages Cap/Thor book. Shameless summer movie tie in? Odds point to yes.

Super-Dinosaur- This was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment