About Me

My photo
I'm a Social Anarchist and an avid reader of comics. Twitter handle is @armyofcrime.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Hellboy: the Crooked Man issues 1&2

If I could pick any artist to draw Hellboy other than series creater Mike Mignola, Richard Corben is the guy I hope I'd be smart enough to think of. Mignola and Corben are perfect for each other. While Hellboy started out as (really) short stories, Mignola seems to have grown as a writer and brings us a three issue mini-series featuring his title creation. Hellboy, however, is not really the main charector. A mountain man who dabbles in the occult, a sort of hill billy John Constantine, drives the action. I loved this story, I think it's some of the best Hellboy Mignola has written and Corben is a match made in heaven for the material. Eagerly await the third and final issue

No comments:

Post a Comment